NMRV-VS Dual Input Worm Gearbox with IEC Motor Flange
- Quick stop function
For a general gear reducer, it takes 5 to 10 seconds for the stop time, but for the NRV series, the stop state could be reached in only 2 to 5 seconds.
- High safety
The NRV worm gearbox adopts a different way compared with the traditional 1 in that it doesn’t need the sprocket and pulley. What’s more, the transmission structure is not exposed so that injuries to the operator could be reduced.
- Good protection
Grade IP55 is adopted which has good isolation for dust and moisture.
- Excellent thermal conductivity
The NRV worm gear is equipped with cooling CHINAMFG so that the body has excellent thermal conductivity and low temperature-rising.
- Long service life
The worm gearbox operates smoothly with low noise which is suitable for long-term contact work in harsh environments.
Housing: aluminum alloy (base: 571-090) cast iron (base: 110-150);
Worm shaft: 20CrMnTi, carburized and quenched, tooth surface hardness 56-62hrc, maintain carburized layer thickness of 0.3- 0.5mm after fine grinding;
Worm wheel: wear-resistant tin bronze;
|NRV worm gearbox
|Solid Shaft Input
|Worm Shaft Tail Extension Input
|Keyed Hollow Shaft Output
|Hollow Shaft with Output Flange
|Plug-in CHINAMFG Shaft Output
|Blue/Black/Silver Or On Customer Request
|Housing: Die-Cast Iron cast
|Worm Gear-Tin Copper
|Worm Shaft: 20CrMn Ti with carburizing and quenching
|Out Shaft-chromium steel-45#
|C&U/QC/HRB or CHINAMFG customer request
|NAK/KSK or CHINAMFG customer request,
|Carton/Wooden pallet/ Wooden Case
|Place of origin:
We are a professional company engaged in the R&D, design, and manufacturing of gearboxes. The company has introduced a number of sophisticated production and testing equipment. We have successfully developed 800Nm-11200Nm planetary gearboxes for construction machinery, special planetary gearboxes for mixers, special planetary gearboxes for buildings, special reducers for mines, wind power reducers, hydraulic rotary, winch series, gearboxes for rolling mills, and other series of gearboxes with hundreds of thousands of specifications. The products have been widely used in building materials, metallurgy, engineering machinery, hoisting, shipping, chemical, pharmaceutical, electric power, and other supporting units and engineering projects.
Since its establishment, the company has been accelerating the pace of scientific and technological innovation and independent brand construction to build its core competitiveness with new thinking and new manufacturing awareness.
Packaging and Shipment
For more reducers and mechanical accessories, please click here to view
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Distribution Power, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Maintenance Tips for Prolonging the Life of a Worm Gearbox
Proper maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and reliable performance of a worm gearbox. Here are some maintenance tips to consider:
- Lubrication: Regularly check and replenish the lubricant in the gearbox. Use the recommended lubricant type and quantity specified by the manufacturer.
- Lubrication Schedule: Follow a lubrication schedule based on the operating conditions and manufacturer recommendations. Regular lubrication prevents friction, reduces wear, and dissipates heat.
- Temperature Monitoring: Keep an eye on the operating temperature of the gearbox. Excessive heat can degrade the lubricant and damage components.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and surrounding area clean from debris and contaminants. Regularly inspect and clean the gearbox exterior.
- Seal Inspection: Check for any leaks or damage to seals and gaskets. Replace them promptly to prevent lubricant leaks and contamination.
- Alignment: Ensure proper alignment between the worm and worm wheel. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitor the torque levels during operation. Excessive torque can cause overloading and premature wear.
- Regular Inspections: Periodically inspect all components for signs of wear, damage, or unusual noise. Replace worn or damaged parts promptly.
- Proper Usage: Operate the gearbox within its specified limits, including load, speed, and temperature. Avoid overloading or sudden changes in operating conditions.
- Expert Maintenance: If major maintenance or repairs are needed, consult the manufacturer’s guidelines or seek the assistance of qualified technicians.
By following these maintenance tips and adhering to the manufacturer’s recommendations, you can extend the lifespan of your worm gearbox and ensure its optimal performance over time.
Does a Worm Reducer Require Frequent Maintenance?
Worm reducers generally require less frequent maintenance compared to some other types of gearboxes due to their design and operating characteristics. However, maintenance is still essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some key points to consider:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for worm gearboxes. Regularly check the lubricant level and quality to prevent wear and overheating. Lubricant should be changed as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Inspections: Periodically inspect the gearbox for signs of wear, damage, or oil leaks. Check for any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance that could indicate a problem.
- Tightening and Alignment: Check and tighten any loose fasteners and ensure that the gearbox is properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Seal Maintenance: Inspect and maintain seals to prevent oil leakage and contaminants from entering the gearbox.
- Cleaning: Keep the gearbox clean from debris and contaminants that could affect its performance. Regular cleaning can prevent premature wear and damage.
- Load and Speed: Ensure that the gearbox is operating within its rated load and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can lead to accelerated wear and potential failure.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the operating environment of the gearbox. Extreme temperatures, humidity, and other factors can impact the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
While worm gearboxes are known for their durability and self-locking feature, neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, reduced efficiency, and potential breakdowns. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance intervals and procedures is essential to keep the worm reducer in optimal condition.
How to Select the Right Worm Gearbox for Your Application
Selecting the right worm gearbox for your application involves careful consideration of various factors:
- Load Requirements: Determine the torque and load requirements of your application to ensure the selected gearbox can handle the load without compromising performance.
- Speed Reduction: Calculate the required gear reduction ratio to achieve the desired output speed. Worm gearboxes are known for high reduction ratios.
- Efficiency: Consider the gearbox’s efficiency, as worm gearboxes typically have lower efficiency due to the sliding action. Evaluate whether the efficiency meets your application’s needs.
- Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the gearbox. Worm gearboxes have a compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Mounting Options: Determine the mounting orientation and configuration that best suits your application.
- Operating Environment: Consider factors such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to contaminants. Choose a gearbox with appropriate seals and materials to withstand the environment.
- Backlash: Evaluate the acceptable level of backlash in your application. Worm gearboxes may exhibit more backlash compared to other gear types.
- Self-Locking: If self-locking capability is required, confirm that the selected gearbox can prevent reverse motion without the need for external braking mechanisms.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the gearbox. Some worm gearboxes require periodic lubrication and maintenance to ensure proper functioning.
- Cost: Balance the features and performance of the gearbox with the overall cost to ensure it aligns with your budget.
Consult with gearbox manufacturers or experts to get recommendations tailored to your specific application. Testing and simulations can also help validate the suitability of a particular gearbox for your needs.
editor by CX 2023-10-12