Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear models type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear devices type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, see in the ratio column and based on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is definitely 9, the unit HB-350 will become suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Are you squandering time searching for crane duty helical gearbox on various other websites?